EAM: Incorrect Error - The Accounting Date, Yyyy-mm-dd, Is Not Open. Asset Management
Last updated on MAY 24, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An error is received when attempting to save manually added accounting entries on the Review Financial Entries page. The error occurs when prior manual entries have been created in a prior accounting period that is now closed. The accounting date of prior transaction is checked regardless of whether or not transaction has been distributed to GL.
"The Accounting Date, 2014-04-01, is not open. The open period for US001 is from 2014-05-01 to 2015-12-31. (9000,302)"
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Create an asset. Run depreciation for the asset and create accounting entries.
2) Navigate to the Review Financial Transactions component for the asset and open up a new accounting entry detail page.
3) Enter the DPR DE and AD accounting entry.
4) Journal Generate the accounting entries from points 1 and 3.
5) Close the period for which you entered the DPR DE and AD accounting entries.
6) Enter another set of DPR DE and AD accounting entries in the next period, which is now the first open period.
7) The error occurs upon saving.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms