EAP: Row Level Security by Business Unit not working on Withholding Adjustment page
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Row Level Security is turned on with Type of Security = User ID Level Security. When doing a search without entering any Search Criteria on the Withhold Adjustment page, Adjustments that appear are for Business Units that do not have security for. For those rows associated to the Business Units that do not have security for, able to change the Basis Amt and save the page without any errors occurring.
Should not be able to see these rows or make changes to them since do not have security to see the Business Units.
1. Turn on Row Level Security -- Security Options page setup:
Type of Security = User ID Level Security
Secured Fields = Business Unit
2. Business Unit Security By User ID setup
User ID = VP1
Business Unit = BUY01 through BUY08 and US001
3. Run Apply Security Setups
4. On the Withhold Adjustment page, display Vendor ID = USA1090006
5. Under Search Criteria, click the magnifying glass for Business Unit
6. Only Business Units that appear are the ones that VP1 should see from Step 2, which is working correctly
7. Click Search without entering any Search Criteria
8. Adjustment rows appear for Business Unit = US023 even though VP1 does not have security to see this Business Unit
9. Change the Basis Amt for one of the rows belonging to Business Unit = US023
10. Save the page
11. Page is saved successfully without any error messages and the Basis Amt is the changed amount
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms