Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Expense Liability Process(EX_TRANS_PROC) creates the accounting entries for Business unit for which no Interunit Pairing exist
- Create a combination edit definition for two business units
- Setup the Combination Rule for both business units
- Create Combination Group for both business units
- Via General Ledger, Ledgers for a Unit, link the Chartfield Combo Edit to the Process Group in the Recording Ledger on the Journal Edit Options tab for both business units
- Build the Combination Data for both business units
- Via Review Combination Data, verify the Combination for both business units is valid
- Check the Combo Edit tick box for Expenses at the Installation level
- Via Setup Financials>Common Definition>Inter/Intra Unit Paring>Interunit Pair verify "From GL BU" = US001 "To GL Business Unit" = GL001, "Transaction Code" = General, results in "No Matching Value" when clicking on Search. -- The point in step 8, is to ensure no interunit paring established for the from / to GL BU combination.
- Create an expense report and at the distribution level ensure the distribution is charged to GL001 and the account and department are a valid combination for the GL001 combo rule.
- Submit the report
- Run Post liability
Expected Result: No accounting entries will be created for General Ledger business unit combination for which the Interunit Paring has been been created
Actual Result: Interunit Receivable entry is created
Business Impact: Causes imbalanced accounting
Please see replication steps document for more details.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms