Transaction Adjustment: PC_INTFEDIT Is Creating Duplicate Adjustment Rows If Multiple Users Create Adjustments
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When going through a transaction adjustment in Project Costing, the resulting PC_INTFEDIT process does not limit itself to the particular BU and Project ID entered. This is causing concurrency problems if multiple users make transaction adjustments at the same time because each users' instance of PC_INTFEDIT will process all pending adjustments that it finds when it runs.
The PC_INTFEDIT process should only add the specific transactions entered by the individual user running the process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log in to two different browsers using two different User IDs.
- For each user, navigate to Project Costing > Transaction Definitions > Transaction Adjustment.
- For each user, select a different BU / Project / Activity ID and then select a transaction to adjust.
- For each user, go through the adjustment steps making any change to the transaction.
- Each use needs to save the adjustment at roughly the same time.
It is not necessary to have the saves at exactly the same time, only to ensure that the second PC_INTFEDIT starts before the first completes.
Due to this issue, extra transactions may be added to a project possibly resulting in over-billing and/or incorrect revenue recognition.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms