E-CR: Crystal Processes Hang Intermittently On Windows 2008 R2 PT8.52+
Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Crystal Processes to WEB/PDF hang intermittently in Processing/Initiated/Queued status.
What is known about the problem:
- Once this report hangs every crystal report after that hangs in Initiated or Queued status
- The last line in the CRYSTAL.TRC file is:
14 4700 1906181 06/11/14 03:00:23 About to set status to PROCESSING
- The issue seems to be isolated to one or a few specific Crystal RPT report templates.
- The psodbccrinst.log shows that the CrystalEXEPath is correct for the PeopleTools release.
- The SAP/Crystal runtime software is the correct support release for the specific PeopleTools release.
- The PSCRRUN.exe has been excluded from Anti-Virus software scans.
- The process scheduler configuration parameter Authentication Timeout = 30 (or higher)
- The PT release is 8.52+ and has all of the fixes mentioned in DocID 1271020.1.
- The only known recovery is to shutdown process scheduler, kill the pscrrun.exe processes in the Windows Task Manager, and finally restart the process scheduler.
- After killing the processes from the Task Manager, the processes go to Error with: "Process ### is marked 'Initiated' or 'Processing' ..."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms