EAM: Copy Existing Non Cap Asset Has Original Asset Date And User ID Information
(Doc ID 1911339.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When copying a non capitalized asset the Trans Date, Accounting Date, and Date/Time Stamp should be defaulted to the current date and the User ID should be defaulted to the user who is currently copying the asset. This is currently how a Financial asset is copied. It would maintain database consistency and an accurate audit trail.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Ensure that the Use CAP Threshold is selected for the BU.
1) Set up Capitalization Thresholds and assign to an asset profile.
2) Create an asset for the profile for a cost that does not meet the Capitalization Threshold.
3) Sign on as a different user.
4) Copy the asset created in step 1 with Asset Non Capitalized Cost selected.
5) Review the cost history.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document