EEX 9.1+: A Cash Advance, that was Earlier Associated to and Later Un-associated from an Expense Report, Cannot be Reconciled when it is Associated to Different Expense Report.
Last updated on APRIL 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A cash advance, that was earlier associated to and later un-associated from an expense report, cannot be reconciled when it is associated to different expense report.
1. Set up an Employee to receive a System Check for Travel and Expense payments.
2. Create a Cash Advance for the employee for, say $200.
3. Run Expense Transaction Process (EX_TRAN_PRCS) to stage the cash advance for payment and create accounting entries.
4. Run Accounts Payable Pay Cycle to Pay the Cash advance.
5. Run Expense Transaction Process (EX_TRAN_PRCS) for status on the Cash Advance to change to Paid and to create accounting entries.
6. Create an Expense Report for, say $210.00 (or any amount above the cash advance amount) and apply the Paid Cash Advance from the previous steps.
7. Run Budget Check process on the Expense Report.
8. Run Expense Transaction Process (EX_TRAN_PRCS) to stage the Expense Report for payment and to create accounting entries.
9. Run Pay Cycle in Accounts Payable to pay the Expense Report
10. Run Expense Transaction Process (EX_TRAN_PRCS) for expense status to change to paid and to create accounting entries
11. Verify that the status on the Cash Advance has changed to Reconciled
12. In Accounts Payable do a void and close liability on the payment.
13. Run budget check on the Expense Report.
14. Run the Expense Transactions Process to change the status on the Expense Report to Closed.
15. Verify that the status on the Cash Advance has changed back to Paid.
16. Create new Expense Report but this time make it for $200 or the exact amount as the Cash advance and apply the Cash Advance to the Expense Report (for the second time).
17. Run Budget Check on the new Expense Report.
18. Run the Expense Transaction Process (EX_TRAN_PRCS) to change the status on the Cash Advance to Reconciled
The Cash Advance should be reconciled.
The Cash Advance is not reconciled.
Please see the replication steps document for more details.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms