Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM 9.1 ESA Bundle #25 was delivered the new Enhancement regarding Credit Card Upload functionality being able to handle the new American Express flat file formats of GL1205 (Credit Card Account Maintenance Data). However, it has been detected that for File Format GL1205, should there be any inconsistencies on the transaction data being processed, which resulted in an incorrect or invalid format of the flat file, the EX_DATA_LOAD Application Engine Program gets stuck in a 'Processing' status, continuously looking at Step EX_PUB_AMXA.PUBAMXA.LoadFile, instead of abending, or letting the user know that the flat file does not follow the expected data structure.
- Have an FSCM 9.1 Environment patched up to at least ESA Bundle #25, where the enhancement on American Express GL1205 and GL1025 is being delivered
- Have from Credit Card Vendor American Express a flat file following format GL1205 with multiple Credit Card Maintenance Data, and that does not follow 100% the data structure format *add some extra blank space characters at the end of some lines)
- Place the Amex GL1205 flat file into the Temp Folder of the Application Server Host of the FSCM Environment
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Configuration > Gateways
- Open the Default Gateway, and Ping it Successfully
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Integration Setup > Queues
- Open existing CREDIT_CARD Queue, and make sure it is set to Run status
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Integration Setup > Service Operations
- Open the existing Service Operations CREDIT_CARD_AMEX_GL1205, and make sure that:
- That in the General tab, the Active flag is properly selected
- That the Handler CCMAMEXLOAD is set to Active
- That the Routing Definitions are properly configured and in Active status
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Administration > Domain Status
- Make sure that the Database Domain is properly Active
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Administration > Node Status
- Select the Local Default Node, and make sure to Ping it Successfully
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Expenses
- Make sure to select the below two flags:
- Include Account Maintenance = Y
- Update Profile for New Account = Y
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Corporate Credit Cards > Load External Data Sources
- Add a new Run Control ID, and define the following settings:
- Run Control ID = GCS
- Data Source = American Express - GL1205
- Load External Data = Y
- File Name = (Path from the Application Server Host Template folder, and the flat file name)
- Launch the EX_DATA_LOAD Application Engine Program
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Process Monitor
- Checking the Process Instance from the EX_DATA_LOAD AE Program, it can be seen how it is still in 'Processing' status, and stuck in an endless loop at Step EX_PUB_AMXA.PUBAMXA.LoadFile
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The EX_DATA_LOAD Application Engine Program is stuck in a 'Processing' status, which prevents any further processing of any other Programs. Additionally, there is no information anywhere stating that the data structure of the flat file being processed is not following the expected format, and as such, the users do not know what is wrong, or why the process is stuck.
The Application Engine Program EX_DATA_LOAD should be able to process the Credit Card Maintenance Data from any American Express file format GL1205 as long as it is valid. Should it have incorrect values, or follow a wrong format, the system should warn the user via an Error Message, so the technical team can review in further detail the flat file being processed, and fix any data inconsistencies.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms