'DISPLAY TEMPLATE FAMILY IS NOT DEFINED' ERROR FROM LEAD HISTORY TAB
Last updated on JULY 07, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM Sales - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open existing Support Case (Support > Search Case)
2. Go to Related Actions tab on the case.
3. Add a NEW Lead
4. Drill into the LEAD to open it (or you can go to: Sales > Search Leads and Find it.
5. Once on the LEAD, go to HISTORY tab....there will be the related object "Case".
6. Click on "View Details" icon next to the case to open the case. Error occurs:
The Display Template Family is not Defined. Please Contact the system administrator. (17831,7200)
The Display Template Family is not Defined. Please Contact the system administrator.
NOTE: There is NO workaround as the HISTORY tab just shows "CASE" and does not give a CASE ID#....so the user cannot even look up the case from Support > Search Cases.
The issue has the following business impact:
Users are unable to open the associated case from the LEAD History tab. Also, the Case ID is not listed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms