E-PORTAL: Copy Web Profile Feature Is Not Working Properly, as Some Parameters Get Reset in The New WebProfile Instead of Being Copied
(Doc ID 1915672.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The "Copy Web Profile" (also known by some customers as the "Save As" feature for Web Profile) feature does not work properly. The new web profile created by the Copy Web Profile process does not copy the original web profile's values. Parameters such as Inactivity Timeout, Debugging options, etc. are all reset.
Some sample parameters that were reset and not copied include (not an exclusive list):
In Security Tab:
- Inactivity Warning
- Inactivity Logout
- User ID (Public User)
- Password (Public User)
All Debugging Tab Options
In Look and Feel Tab:
- Signon Error Page
- Logout Page
- Exception Page
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login and go to Main Menu > PeopleTools > Web Profile > Web Profile Configuration
2. Load up any Web Profile (e.g. TEST) and change some parameters, such as Inactivity Timeout, or one of the Debugging options
4. Go To Main Menu > People Tools > Web Profile > Copy Web Profile
5. Copy the web profile into a new one, such as TEST2
6. Check the TEST2 web profile
Results: The new web profile created by the Copy Web Profile process did not copy the original web profile's values. Parameters such as Inactivity Timeout, Debugging options, etc. are all reset.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document