EGL9.2: Journals Marked For Unpost Are Not Being Unposted By The GL_JEDIT Process.
Last updated on JULY 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Currency***JULY-04-16****
Journals marked for unpost are not being unposted by the GL_JEDIT (batch journal edit/post) process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a journal for business unit US007.
2. Edit and post the journal online.
3. Mark journal for unposting and note JRNL_PROCESS_REQST is changed to ‘U’.
4. Go to General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Edit Journals. Make sure Edit and Post are checked on the run control and run GL_JEDIT.
5. After process runs to complete, the above journal is not unposted.
6. Create another journal for the same business unit.
7. Do not edit and post this journal online!
8. Go to General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Edit Journals. Make sure Edit and Post are checked and run GL_JEDIT.
9. Got this in the message log: 0 Row(s) Processed (this is wrong because the last journal is posted). Journal Posted: 1 (this is correct). Unposted: 0 (this is wrong, the first journal should have been unposted (in release 9.1 this is working fine).
10. Go to General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Post Journals and run GL_JP.
11. Journals Posted: 1, Unposted: 1 (this is correct). Journal is unposted now.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms