EEX 9.2: Multiple Approvers Text Displayed At HR Supervisor Level When User Auto Approval Flag Is Unselected In ERApproval
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Having un-selected the 'User Auto Approval' flag from the ERApproval Process Definition, an irregularity has been identified when an Expense Report with multiple Expense Lines is submitted for approval, and the system routes it to the HR Supervisor level. At the 'Action History' section for the submitted transaction, the system displays the routing path with the HR Supervisor step containing a text of 'Multiple Approvers', when it always is a unique User, the one defined as Supervisor ID at the Expenses Profile of the Employee owner of the Expense Report. Instead, the system should display the First and Last Names of the approver acting as HR Supervisor.
This inconsistency does not take place when the Expense Report transaction only has one single Expense Line, or when the 'User Auto Approval' flag is selected at the ERApproval Process Definition level. This is only a display problem, as behind the scenes, workflow has routed the transaction to only one user as HR Supervisor, which is correct.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Enterprise Components > Approvals > Approvals > Approval Process Setup
- Open the existing Process ID ERApproval, under Set ID SHARE
- Make sure to un-select the 'User Auto Approval' flag, and save the changes
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Expenses
- Make sure to have the below options set up:
- Workflow Enabled = Y
- HR Manager – Supervisor = Y
- Approval List Routing = Y
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Transaction Definition
- Open the existing configuration for Expense Reports, and make sure to select the below approval levels:
- HR Supervisor = Y
- Pre Pay Auditor = Y
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Manage Employee Information
- Open the existing Expenses Profile from Employee ID KU0021
- At the 'Organizational Data' tab, configure the below listed values:
- GL Business Unit = US001
- Department ID = 13000
- Supervisor ID = KU0005
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Approver Assignment
- For GL Business Unit US001, and Approver Profile PREPAY AUDITOR, list User IDs MGR1-MGR2-MGR3 for the complete range of Department IDs
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXA1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Reports > Create/Modify
- Define Employee ID KU0021, and click on ADD Button
- Enter all needed values from the Header level, and continue by creating multiple Expense Lines (3 for instance)
- Once the Expense Report has been created, with multiple lines, go ahead and submit for approval the transaction
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Reports > View
- Open the Expense Report that has been just created and submitted
- Confirm that in the 'Approval History' section, the Step 'HR Supervisor' is displaying a text of 'Multiple Approvers' instead of the HR Supervisor name
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The HR Supervisor approver is never a defined pool of users from which one will act on the submitted transaction. By definition, the HR Supervisor will be unique for the Employee owner of the Expense Report. Having the system showing a text of 'Multiple Approvers' confuses the users, as it implies that a large number of approvers will be involved in the HR Supervisor approval level of the submitted transaction.
Regardless of having the 'User Auto Approval' flag selected or not at the ERApproval Process Definition level, the Expenses Approval Workflow should never display a text of 'Multiple Approvers' by the HR Supervisor approval level. By definition, being a unique user identified, it should always display the First and Last Names of the Employee involved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms