EEX 9.2: Expense Report Withdrawal E-mail Notification Is Using Send Back For Revision Template
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The withdrawal action available to an Employee once an Expense Report transaction has been submitted for approval, is using the 'Expense Report Send Back' Generic Template notification which makes the action look like the Expense Report is incorrect in some way, and the Approver has sent it back for correction, when in reality the user is voluntarily withdrawing it.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as user ID VP1
- Configure the ERApproval process to make sure to submit both Online Emails and Worklist Items
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation options > Expenses
- Make sure to have the following settings configured:
- Workflow Enabled = Y
- HR Manager – Supervisor = Y
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Transaction Definition
- Open the existing configuration for Expense Reports, and make sure the HR Supervisor approval level is properly selected
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXA1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Create
- Add a new Expense Report transaction on behalf of Employee ID KU0021, with at least one Expense Line, and submit the Expense Report for approval
- Check in the Email Account Inbox from HR Supervisor Approver (User ID EXS1), and confirm that the 'Route For Approval' e-mail has been received
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > View
- Open the submitted Expense Report, and click on the WITHDRAW EXPENSE REPORT Button
- Upon refreshing, the Expense Report transaction has been withdrawn from the Approval Process, and placed into PENDING status again
- Check in the Email Account Inbox from Expense Report Owner (User ID EXA1), and confirm that the 'Expense Report Send Back' e-mail notification has been received
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Expenses Employee is receiving an E-mail Notification submitted by the Approval Workflow with a confusing message, as if the Approver has Sent Back For Revision the transaction, which is not true.
The Approval Workflow should not be using the 'Expense Report Send Back' Generic Template in the case of a Withdrawal. Whether no such E-mail Notification should be sent at all, as it is the actual User knowingly who is taking it voluntarily back from the Approval process, or then use a specific Notification for Withdrawals.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms