Last updated on JULY 13, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Time Reporting
When there is a cross over shift from prior period and also a second shift entered on the first day of the period, the ECD not updated to previous day when out punch from cross over shift is changed. This causes Time Admin to not pick up the change to payable time that it should, issue occurs with 12am day breaker, begin time of shift and range start day setting.
The ECD should be reset to the last day of the previous period in order for Time Admin to recognize the change to the payable time that's needed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. create workgroup that is specified as Positive Reporting, day breaker settings 12AM Begin Time of Shift/Range Start Day & uses PSWEEK time period
2. find employee enrolled in this workgroup and defined as punch reporter type
3. report time in prior period where the last day of the week contains only the in punch for an overnight shift
4. run time admin to create payable time
5. go to next period and report the out punch
6. also insert another day shift on the same dur as the out punch
7. run time admin, see if payable time is generated correctly
8. check ecd and see what it's set to.....should be set to last day of payable time
9. go back to timesheet and change the out punch from the overnight shift.....see where ECD is set upon submit
10. run Time Admin see if payable time is changed or not - no change payable time still the same replicated the issue customer is reporting
Due to this issue, users cannot depend on the payable time results being correct and can cause an employee to be overpaid and/or underpaid.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms