Unable to Delete A Row From The Project Costing Add Transactions Page
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a single row has been saved on the Project Costing > Transaction Definitions > Add Transactions page, that row cannot be deleted successfully if Source Type is a required field. If the user deletes the row and tries to save, they get the following error.
Note that if there is more than a single row on the Add Transactions page, then rows can be deleted and saved as long as at least one valid row remains.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Related > Project Costing > Project Options
- Under the Input Control, set Business Unit, Project, Activity and Source Type to Required and save.
- Navigate to Project Costing > Transaction Definitions > Add Transactions and select a PC BU/Project/Activity
- Add a transaction and click Save. Do NOT click Process Transactions.
- Delete the line using the '-' icon and save the page.
Due to this issue, if a user enters a project transaction on the Add Transactions page by mistake, they cannot undo the error once saved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms