Application Package Code Used By Alerts & Notifications Processing Truncates Email Addresses
(Doc ID 1927313.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 29, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The HCM 9.2 App Package code used by Alerts & Notifications processing truncates email addresses at 60 bytes when multiple email addresses are used on the Alert Setup as for Override Email Notification on page EOEN_NTF_REG_SYS.
The EOEN_ALERT app engine runs successfully and submits messages to the integration broker. The message fails because it is unable to send to a valid email address, since the appended email addresses are truncated at 60 characters. The length of the field EOEN_SRCH_KEY_VALU is only 60 bytes, and it is used in database table EOEN_SRCHKEY which feeds data to the EMAIL_ADDRESS field on EOEN_AL_CTX table.
STEPS to REPLICATE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a query that will return results.
2. Create a message for the Alert email.
3. Create the Notification Registry.
4. Create the Notification System Override.
5. Setup the Alert – Query & EWN tab
6. Setup the Alert – URL tab
7. Setup the Alert – Message tab
8. Setup Alert – Email Consolidation tab
9. Setup Alert – Frequency & Product
10. Run the Alert.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document