Asset retirement is not disposing assets when the "Copy changes to other books" turned on and the first book has a different quantity than the other books. Asset Status stays as In Service.
Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Asset retirement is not disposing assets when the "Copy changes to other books" turned on and the first book has a different quantity than the other books.
The replication steps:
1. Find any asset with the status of “In service”
2. Adjust the quantity for one of the books by unchecking the box “Copy changes to Other Books” for that asset Click GO
3. Increase the quantity for the Book “CORP” and save it.
4. You will get a warning asking to override. Please click yes
5. Now goto “retire/reinstate Asset” and see that “CORP” book has quantity 4 and “Federal” has 1
6. Now try to retire this asset by selecting “GO” from “CORP” book. Make sure the “Copy Changes to Other Books” is checked.
7. Save the asset and you can still see that the asset is still in “In Service” --> This is because the quantity from book “CORP” has been copied across to the second book “FEDERAL” causing the issue.
This issue is not happening in the latest image. The quantity is not being copied and the asset is being “disposed” correctly.
Can you please let me know the bug reference number for this issue so that I can extract a patch for this?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms