Last updated on SEPTEMBER 05, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version encountering extremely poor performance when testing the Real Time Time Administraion Rules (RTTA) feature.
TL Dev/Support will be working with PeopleTools and customer DBA for consideration of the following:
1. The call to the RTTA AE consume most of the service request time when it was called.
2. Most of the time was NOT taken running the RTTA AE program, rather it seems to be consumed preparing to run the program.
a.) The temp tables are deleted by process instance at the beginning and the end of the process. Each consume 5-10 seconds.
b.) Much of the time seems to be consumed loading PeopleTools Object, e.g. PSSQLTEXTDEFN, PSSQLDESCR, PSRECDEFN that appear to be items that should be cached.
c.) there are repeated queries to PSRECDEFNLANG for a single RECNAME.
With the current performance they cannot go live with Real Time Time Admin. and
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turn on real time rule feature
2. report time for employee that will invoke several rules
3. Hit Apply Rules on timesheet after time entry
Due to this issue, they have postponed implementing the real time rule feature until they can see reasonable performance improvements.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms