"The Business Unit Options PO Item Vendor Security Option is Turned on ......." Error Received in Sourcing Workbench when Sourcing a Requisition with a Item Substitution
Last updated on JULY 16, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Purchase Order (PO) Business Unit (BU) - Business Unit Options > PO Item Supp Security Option > Edit Required When Use ItemID, option does not work with the "use as substitute item" setup for replacement item. In this scenario, we get Sourcing Workbench error below:
"The Business unit options PO Item Vendor Security Option is turned on, so the specified item is not allowed to be ordered from the vendor location defined on the Requisition."
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Under Purchasing Definition: Business Unit Options > PO Item Supp Security Option > Edit Required When Use ItemID, select option
2) Do the required substitute item setup for automatic substitution
3) Create a requisition and select the item A which will be substituted with item B
4) Source the requsition using Requisition Selection
5) Run PO_POCALC, process runs to success
6) Sourcing Workbench will show the error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms