EAM: Additional Lines Created For Asset Location And Custodian While Entering Hazardous Code
Last updated on MAY 23, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When selecting the Hazard Asset check box on the Operation Maintenance tab of the Define Operational Asset Info component, the system adds additional location and custodian lines.
• The customer expects that only 1 Location effective dated row will be generated upon creating a Hazardous Asset unless the customer specifically enters additional Locations.
• The customer expects that no effective dated rows will be generated for Custodian upon creating a Hazardous Asset unless the customer specifically enters Custodian Information.
This issue can be verified by performing the following steps:
1) Create a new asset via the Define Asset Operational Info component.
2) Tab to Operation Maintenance.
3) Check the Hazardous Asset check box.
4) Click the Hazardous Code Info link and select a Hazardous Code.
5) Tab to Location/Comments/Attributes to enter a location for the Hazardous Asset. Note that there are 2 effective dated rows for Location when no Location data has been entered.
6) Enter a Location code. Attempt to save the asset. An error window is displayed stating that you must enter a location for a Hazardous asset.
7) Scroll to the second location effective dated row and enter another location code. Attempt to save. Note that the asset is saved successfully.
8) Tab back to Location/Comments/Attributes. Note that there are now 3 effective dated rows for location.
9) Tab to Manufacture/License/Custodian. Note that there are 2 effective dated rows for Custodian Information when no Custodian data has been entered.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms