Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following a general rule, Expense Report transactions cannot be submitted for approval if the Override VAT Amount entered exceeds the actual Expense Line Transaction Amount, or even the Header Total Amount. The system has validations in place that trigger Error Messages to the user in order to correct the mistake detected.
However, there seems to be a bug in the delivered codeline, that allows an Employee to successfully submit for approval, with a defined Override VAT Amount greater than the Transaction Amount. This happens if once the Override VAT has been entered, the User later on modifies the Expense Report Line Transaction Amount to a lower value. System validations do not compare the Override VAT against the Transaction Amount, and as such, incorrect scenarios can be created.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Manage Employee Information > Update Profiles
- Open the existing Employee ID KU0021
- Go to the Organizational Data tab, and select GL Business Unit as AUS01
- Save the changes
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXA1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Reports > Create/Modify
- Define Employee ID KU0021, and click on ADD Button
- Enter the below listed field values:
- Business Purpose = Consulting Services
- Report Description = GCS VAT Test
- Default Location = SYDNEY, Australia
- Transaction Date = July 11th 2014
- Expense Type = Groceries
- Description = VAT Test
- Payment Type = Cash
- Transaction Amount = 14,319.00
- Currency Code = AUD
- Proceed to click on the 'Calculate VAT' button, to have the 'Calculated VAT' field automatically populated with an amount of 1,301.727
- Manually enter into the 'Override VAT' field the value of 14,319.00
- Click on 'Save For Later'
- The system throws the below Warning Message:
" VAT entered, 14,319, is outside the 0 percent tolerance. VAT calculated is 1,301.727. (9060,201) "
- Click OK
- The system successfully saves the transaction created
- Now modify the Expense Report Line Transaction Amount from 14,319.00 AUD to 143.19 AUD
- Click on 'Summary and Submit'
- Check the proper flag to certify acknowledgment of the expense
- Click on OK
- At this stage, the Expense Report gets routed for approval, with a VAT Amount 10 times greater than the Transaction Amount, with all VAT Accounting Detail values being incorrect
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The system is allowing the successful Submit For Approval and routing through workflow of an Expense Report whose VAT Amount is greater than the Total Amount of the Expense, which contains incorrect VAT Accounting Detail information. This is causing confusion to both Expenses Employees and Approvers, as well as ultimately having an impact on VAT related reports that need to be compiled and sent to the Tax Authority periodically.
The Expenses system should have additional validation functions that re-check the Expense Report Line Transaction Amount against the entered Override VAT Amount field, to make sure the latter is not exceeding the first one. If that is the case, Error Message (9060,201) or alike should be displayed again, forcing the User to correct the detected mistake.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms