Job Search Update Results do not Return Job Openings Created with Relative Open Date
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Job Search Update results do not return Job Openings created with Relative Open Date.
A Job opening is created today with relative Open Date of 1 day (created keeping a reason that the Job opening should be visible to the external applicants after a specific period). After running the Job search index process in UPDATE mode, this Job is not visible in the advance search. It is visible only after running the Job Search Index in CREATE mode.
However, after creating a Job opening with relative Open Date of Approve date (created keeping a reason that the Job opening should be visible to the external applicants immediately after approval), after running the Job search index process in the update mode, this Job is visible in the Advance Search in the Careers page.
Per PeopleBooks the UPDATE mode should update the existing collection, any new Job openings should be appended to the collection based on the POST DATE/Relative Open Date.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Main menu> recruiting> Create a job opening
2. Post the job with a relative open date = 1 day and posted date is updated automatically to next day.
3. Navigate to careers page, the job opening grid will show the job posted usually we might have top wait for the job to be posted the next day.
4. Once the job appears in the grid. Navigate to recruiting> administration> build Job index.
5. First run in update mode.
6. Navigate to careers page. On the basic search try to enter job id and search there are no results
7. Now try in advance search no results found
8. Now run the build Job index in create mode
9. Navigate to careers page, On the basic search try to enter job id and search there are no results
10. On advance search page you will find the new job that was posted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms