EGL: Entry Event PO Line Close/Reopen Across Accounting Periods
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, Entry Event - PeopleSoft 9.0, Bundle 43
Incorrect POPOST entries when closing, reopening one line, reducing another line and crossing accounting periods.
Entry events is not producing the correct accounting when one line of a multi-line PO is closed and then reopened in a subsequent accounting period. Entry event reverses and restates the non-closed lines incorrectly.
Expecting correct repost of trans lines when 1 line is reopened and another is reduced and the events cross accounting periods.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Verify you are on bundle 43, open period, etc.
2) Enter a PO w/ current year funding and two lines: line 1 for $100 &amp;amp; line 2 for $200. Use the accounting date 4/1/2014. Run budget check &amp;amp; entry events (creates POPOST for both lines)
3) Using the workbench, close line 1 (leave line 2 open) using the accounting date 4/3/2014. Run budget check and entry events (creates POCLOSE for line 1 &amp;amp; reverses/restates line 2)
4) Using an accounting date of 5/1/2014, decrease the amount on line 2 by decreasing the price from $200 to $150. Run budget check and entry events (creates reversal/restatement of POCLOSE for line 1, creates reversal/restatement of line 2 to $150)
5) Using an accounting date of 6/1/2014, re-open line 1. Run budget check/entry events (creates reversal of POCLOSE &amp;amp; reversal/restatement of the $100 POPOST for line 1 correctly; incorrectly creates a reversal/restatement of the $150/-150 and $150/-200 POPOST). The accounting is incorrect for line 2 (which was never closed)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms