Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Having created a brand new Expense Report whose Description Fields (at the Line or Header levels), contain special characters such as 'ô' or 'é', which are very common in other PeopleSoft supported languages (such as Spanish, or Canadian French), the Expense Report Print page (TE_SHEET_RPT) will throw an Error Message as it seems it cannot handle such characters when submitting the transaction data into the XMLPublisher functionality to delivered Report EXC4500.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Reports > Create/Modify
- Define Employee ID KU0042
- Click on the ADD Button
- Enter the below information for the new transaction:
- Default Location = Montreal, Canada
- Transaction Date = May 16th 2014
- Expense Type = Hotel/Lodging
- Description = Hotel Wizard: Hôtel et frais afférents (Other Expenses)
- Payment Type = Cash
- Transaction Amount = 250.00
- Currency Code = CAD
- Originating Location = Toronto, Canada
- Number Of Nights = 1
- Merchant = Preferred - Hilton Hotels
- Save the changes, so the Expense Report is in Pending status
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Reports > Print
- Find and open the recently created Expense Report
- Click on the 'Print' available link
- Confirm that the system triggers the Error Message
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
" Error generating report output: (235,2309) PSXP_RPTDEFNMANAGER.ReportDefn.OnExecute Name:ProcessReport PCPC:66072 Statement:1422
Called from:EX_REPORTS.ExpenseReports.PrintExReport.OnExecute Name:PrintExpenseReport Statement:137
Called from:EX_REPORT_WRK.EX_REPORT_BI.FieldChange Statement:4
Error occurred during the process of generating the output file from template file, XML data file, and translation XLIFF file. "
Expense Reports containing special characters in its Fields are not able to be successfully printed via XMLPublisher.
As long as the system allows the storage of special characters into the Fields of Expense Report main tables and records, these values should not condition whether the transaction as a whole can or not be printed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms