EGL: 9.1+ Allocation- Journal Out of Balance When Target BU is for a Different SETID than Pool
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to allocate amount to a business unit (target) which is tied to a different SETID and has a different ledger structure, the allocation journals after edit goes to "Out of Balance". The journal amounts i.e. sum of posted debit and credits are zero but ithe journal is not balanced by currency. As a result the following error occurs.
Journal is not balanced on journal totals or Balancing Chartfields total.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create BU X1 having base currency as GBP. This BU is tied to SHARE SETID. At the setup, currency option is set to "Balance by All Currencies".
2. Create BU X2 having base currency as EUR. This BU is tied to SHARE SETID. At the setup, currency option is set to "Balance by All Currencies".
3. Record group FS_04 for the X1 is SHARE and X2 is EURCH.
4. X1 should be associated to a multibook ledger group ACTUALS under SETID SHARE.
Ledger Group "Actuals"
Ledger - ACT_GBP is a primary ledger and inherit base currency is set as GBP i.e. inherit base currency checkbox not selected.
Ledger - ACTUALS is a translate ledger and inherit base currency is set as USD.
5. X2 should be associated to a multibook ledger group ACTUALS under SETID EURCH.
Ledger Group ACTUALS
Ledger - ACT_EUR - Primary - Base Currency EUR
Ledger - ACT_CHF - Secondary - Base Currency CHF
Ledger - ACT_GBP - Translate - Base Currency GBP
Ledger - ACTUALS - Translate - Base Currency USD
Inherit base currency is not selected for all ledgers.
6. Create Pool data in BU X1.
7. Create basis data in BU X2. These are statistical journals i.e. pool amount should be allocated based upon statistical journal.
8. Setup allocation so that the pool is X1 BU, Basis is X1 & X2 BUs, Target is basis BU i.e. X1 & X2 BU (which is the issue since ledger structure is different), offset is pool BU.
9. Amounts fields tab - change pool amount to "Posted Base Currency Amount".
10. Run allocations without edit checkbox checked.
11. Run journal edit from batch run control page.
Notice journal in error due to out of balance error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms