Total Rewards Tax Class 7 is Incorrectly Included in SQL View TRW_PY_ER_U_TAX
(Doc ID 1937158.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eCompensation - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The delivered SQL View TRW_PY_ER_U_TAX for Total Rewards Data Source ID of NAP_US_TAXES includes Tax Class 7 incorrectly. This is an employee paid Additional Medicare Tax; it should have been included in the Employee Tax -SQL view TRW_PY_EE_U_TAX SQL view instead.
Steps to Replicate
1. Navigate to SETUP HRMS > Products Related > Compensation > Total Rewards
2. Define Reward Data Source, click on search
3. Select NAP_US_TAXES
4. On the Extract Tables page
5. Click on the View SQL link next to TRW_PY_ER_U_TAX
6. Scroll Down to the last Item PT.Tax _Class in row note it includes Tax Class 7
7. On the same page Click on the View SQL link next to TRW_PY_EE_U_TAX
8. Follow Step 6 above; note the Tax Class 7 is not included.
There are no error messages
Additional Medicare Tax withholding; in addition to withholding Medicare tax at 1.45%, you must withhold a 0.9% Additional Medicare Tax from wages you pay to an employee in excess of $200,000 in a calendar year. You are required to begin withholding Additional Medicare Tax in the pay period in which you pay wages in excess of $200,000 to an employee and continue to withhold it each pay period until the end of the calendar year. Additional Medicare Tax is only imposed on the employee. There is no employer share of Additional Medicare Tax. All wages that are subject to Medicare tax are subject to Additional Medicare Tax withholding if paid in excess of the $200,000 withholding threshold.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!