Last updated on APRIL 25, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A user removed the asset subtype from several assets. The assets are on PM schedules and when the work order is now generated the distribution information is missing because it is driven by the asset subtype. If a user changes the subtype there is no warning that there will be an effect in Maintenance Management.
The expectation is that the Asset Subtype will be protected from blanking out or changing once the asset is associated with a Work Order. Alternatively, a warning message will be issued.
The issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Create an asset that will be maintained via the Preventative Maintenance functionality in Maintenance Management.
2) Create a Distribution Template and Rule for Work Orders.
3) Create a PM Schedule for creating Work Orders to maintain the asset.
4) Run the Preventative Maintenance job to generate a Work Order.
5) Ensure that a distribution line was added to the asset reflecting the Distribution Template and Rule.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms