When the vendor default UOM is changed after the Contract is saved with the old default UOM then it is leading to incorrect updates of Release Qty and Amount (Negative amount\qty) on the Contract.
(Doc ID 1938507.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the vendor default UOM is changed after the Contract is saved for that old default UOM then it is leading to incorrect updates of release qty and amount (Negative amount\qty) on the contract.
1. Verify the DB is on Image 8
2. Purchasing Definition Default Contract on Requisition and Default Contract on PO flags are selected.
3. Setup multiple UOM on the Item-Vendor
4. Set CS as the default UOM from the Item-Vendor
5. Create a contract where CS will default as UOM on the contract line
6. Change the default UOM from CS to EA on the Item-Vendor
7. Create a req from Epro in EA (make sure that qty is not in the multiple of CS UOM conversion factor. In the below example conversion factor is 16 from CS to EA).
8. Source the req into PO – 1st problem is here – Released Qty and Amts are updated incorrectly on the Contract line because the conversion is not taking place from EA to CS
9. Cancel the PO – 2nd problem is here – Here conversion is taking place correctly but it leads to negative amt on the contract because process is negating more on the contract (see example below)
10. Try to close the Contract now – 3rd problem is here - Since the only PO associated with the PO is cancelled system should allow to close the Contract but it throws the error that there are transactions references with the contract.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!