EGL 9.1 Incorrect PO Encumbrance In Table KK_ACT_LOG_FS and LEDGER_KK_FS After PO Line Is Canceled and Closed Across Different Accounting Periods.
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 9.1 with MP 11 applied and PeopleTools 8.53.05.
Accounting period of the deleted line is reversed a second time in the KK_ACT_LOG_FS and LEDGER_KK_FS tables leaving a negative amount instead of zero.
When PO is closed in a subsequent accounting period the amount of the deleted line is reversed a second time in the KK_ACT_LOG_FS and LEDGER_KK_FS tables leaving a -$ negative amount.
When PO is closed in a subsequent accounting period the amount of the deleted line is reversed a second time in the KK_ACT_LOG_FS and LEDGER_KK_FS tables should be Zero.
1. In Ledgers for a Unit , Use Ledger Groups CC_ORG and CC_REV
2. Go to Budget Definition – CC_ORG In Control Budget Options, Enable Funding Source is selected and Key Revenue Track = CC_REV
3. Ensure that in Keys and Translations tab, Calendar ID is blank.
4. Control Chartfield, Set CF values FS_Required is checked
5. Now navigate to Budget Definition – CC_REV, In Control Budget Options, make Associated Exp Budget is populated with CC_ORG and Enable Funding Source is selected.
6. Control Chartfield, Set CF values FS_Required is checked
7. Navigate to Funding Source Allocation
8. Add a new allocation as follows…
9. Create a Budget Journal as follows and post the journal (i) Fund Source Activities – FS1 & (ii) Fund Source Activities – FS2
10. Create a new PO with two lines
11. Save the PO
12. Budget check and Dispatch the PO…
13. Run Query KK_ACT_LOG_FS, Entries are correct.
14 Go to PO Header Details and Change Accounting Date to the next period.
15. Click on Ok to comeback to Maintain PO
16. Hit red ‘X’ on line 2 to cancel line 2.
17. Click on 'Yes' and Save
18. Again run Query KK_ACT_LOG_FS and ensure Entries are correct.
19. Navigate to Buyer’s Workbench, Search for the PO.
20. Select the PO and hit Close button…
21. Select the PO and move it over to the Qualified column….
22. Change Accounting Date to the next period after the cancel (two periods ahead) , click on 'Yes'
23. Confirm pop-up Click on 'Yes'
24. Select the PO and hit Budget Check button and click 'Yes'
25. Again Confirm pop-up Click on 'Yes'
26. Run the Query KK_ACT_LOG_FS, See that the canceled line is reversed again in Accounting Period 5. This is incorrect because it was already reversed in Accounting Period 4 when it was canceled. There is now a negative encumbrance associated with funding sources FS1 and FS2. This is also results in incorrect data in LEDGER_KK_FS.
27. In Fund Source Activities, FS1 & FS2 shows a Encumbrance is -$ (negative). This is wrong.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms