E-SQR: SQR Message Log: "Invalid User ID Or Password For Database Signon"
(Doc ID 1939156.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 to 8.54 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run SQR processes, the following error occurs in the <ReportName_ProcessInstance>.out file although the SQR process completes successfully:
Database Name: <db name>
Server Name: -CD
OperID: <OPRID HERE>
ConnectID: <CONNECT ID HERE>
Process Instance: 0
Reason: Invalid user ID or password for database signon. (id=<OPRID HERE>)"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create OPRID with more than 8 characters (e.g. 9 characters in length)
2. Use new OPRID of 9 characters in 'psprcs.cfg' for 'UserID'
3. Boot Process Scheduler using long user name
4. Login to PIA
5. Navigate to People Tools > Process Scheduler > System Process Requests
6. Create a new Run Control ID or use an existing one
7. Submit any SQR program to the Process Scheduler using the long user name
8. Open resulting message log to observe error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document