EAM: Billing Interface Error 0520 When Asset Retirement Proceeds Are In Foreign Currency
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Billing Interface (BIIF0001) is submitted for an interface record that was generated by an Asset Management Retirement transaction with the Proceeds in foreign currency, and the"Trans Currency Translation" Installation Option is off, the following error occurs: "Load Status: ERR 0520 Acct <> 100%, 0% or GrossExt".
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Products > select Billing
2) Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Asset Management > Trans Currency Translation not selected
3) Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Asset Management > Asset Management Definition > Interface Options > Billing Interface Options
Billing Interface Processing ON
BI Unit US001
Bill Source ASSETS
Bill Type AM
Bill By Identifier AMBI_INT
4) Add an Asset in BU US002 with Transaction Date = 01 January 2014, Accounting Date = 01 January 2014, In Service Date = 01 January 2014, Cost 1,000.00 USD (Base Currency)
5) Run Depreciation (AM_DEPR_CALC and AMDPCALC)
6) Run Create Accounting Entries (AMAEDIST)
7) Retire the asset with with Transaction Date = Current Date, Accounting Date = Current Date
Retire As - Retirement By Sale, click on GO.
Enter a Proceeds amount in CAD currency
Select a Customer Id.
Select Create Bill
8) Run Depreciation (AM_DEPR_CALC and AMDPCALC)
9) Run Create Accounting Entries (AMAEDIST).
10) Run the AM/Billing interface (Asset Management > Send/Receive Information > Load Interface > Interface AM/Billing > AM_BI_INTFC)
11) Run the Billing Interface (Billing > Interface Transactions > Process Billing Interface > BIIF0001)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms