ECM: Blank TRA.ACCTG_LINE.RT_TYPE causing Negative Number Error (2,121) on Accounting Entries Page
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Cash Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
TRA_ACCTG_LINE.RT_TYPE is not populated for '102' - Interco Other Rec/Payable Accounting Line causing the following error on the Accounting Entries page:
"Negative number assigned to unsigned field: TRA_ACCTG_WRK.VISUAL_RATE. (2,121)
TRA_ACCTG_WRK.VISUAL_RATE.RowInit PCPC:817 Statement:34
The specified field in an unsigned field and a negative value is being assigned to it.
Review the program for errors. If necessary, run a PeopleCode trace to determine the program that failed."
1. Navigate to Banking > Reconcile Statements > External Transactions, and create an External transaction with transaction amount = 19754.79
2. Go to Banking > Bank Statements > Enter Bank statements, and enter bank statements with same amount and different Reference.
3. On Banking > Reconcile Statements > Semi-Manual Reconciliation, perform the Reconciliation process.
4. Navigate to Cash Management > Treasury Accounting > Automated Accounting, and give the respective BU and trigger the automated accounting process.
5. Go to Cash Management > Treasury accounting > Accounting Entries, and modify the line 2 of GL unit (Inter unit) as FRA01 from AUS01 (which will exist) and also modify the amount so that both line 1 and 2 must be with same notation either (+, +) or ( -, -) and Click Update Accounting button:
The error will be coming once you click Update accounting button in accounting entries page.
6. Check TRA_ACCTG_LINE.RT_TYPE:
The field is blank.
7. Try to open the same accounting id:
The same error is being popped up.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms