Reconcile RTV Process is Setting the "Total Line Released Quantity" to a Negative Number on the Contract and Causing the Purchase Order to Error with: Negative Number Assigned to an Unsigned Field: PO_CNTRCT_WS1.QTY_LINE_RELEASED. (2,121)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reconcile RTV (PO_RTVRECON) process is setting the "Total Line Released Quantity" to a negative number on the contract Details for Line page. This happens when you have an item with multiple unit of measures (UOM). The requisition, purchase order, receipt and RTV are all created for the same UOM (EA), and the contract is for a different UOM (BOX).
In addition, you cannot open the Purchase Order and will encounter the following error: Negative Number Assigned to an Unsigned Field: PO_CNTRCT_WS1.QTY_LINE_RELEASED. (2,121)
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Setup an item with UOM of EA and BOX (4 eaches in a box). Make sure that Override is selected for UOM conversion.
2. Setup Purchase Items Attributes - Item Supplier for item and set BOX as the default UOM.
3. Create a contract where BOX will default as UOM on the contract line.
4. Create a req for the item for 11 EA, make sure that qty is not in the multiple of BOX UOM conversion factor.
5. Source the req into PO.
6. Check the contract and conversion factor is applied correctly, the line is updated with released qty of 2.75 BOX (equivalent to 11 EA).
7. Create a receipt from PO for 11 EA.
8. Create RTV from the receipt for 11 EA.
9. Run the Reconcile RTV (PO_RTVRECON) process.
10. View the contract, in Detail for Line page the "Total Line Released Quantity" is a negative quantity (-8.25).
11. Now when you try to open the PO you will receive the error below and you cannot open the PO.
Negative number assigned to an unsigned field: PO_CNTRCT_WS1.QTY_LINE_RELEASED. (2,121) FUNCLIB_PM.LOAD_CNTRCT.FieldFormula Name:Register_Cntrct_Ln PCPC:32831 Statement:566
Called from:FUNCLIB_PM.LOAD_CNTRCT.FieldFormula Name:load_contract_lines Statement:605
Called from:FUNCLIB_PM.LOAD_CNTRCT.FieldFormula Name:Load_Contract Statement:695
Called from:FUNCLIB_PM.LOAD_CNTRCT.FieldFormula Name:Pre_Loading Statement:704
Called from:PO_REQ_WRK.COPY_REQ.FieldChange Name:copy_req_to_po Statement:977
Called from:PO_REQ_WRK.COPY_REQ.FieldChange Statement:1176
The specified field is an unsigned field and a negative value is being assigned to it.
Review the program for errors. If necessary, run a PeopleCode trace to determine the program that failed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms