Last updated on JULY 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked Currency as of 28-Jul_2017 ***
When changing the profile id on the General Information tab of the Basic Add component from one depreciable profile id to another, an error message occurs upon saving the asset. The error sequence includes changing the acquisition code to Donated from the original acquisition code of purchased. Then when changing the profile id to another depreciable profile with an acquisition code of purchased, the error occurs. One can successfully enact this change if a complex sequence of updates is followed as described in the replication steps section that follows..
You cannot change asset profile from lease to non-lease or from non-lease to lease (8010,107)
The Acquisition Code is 'Donated'. It does not have any reference to Leased Assets.
This issue can be replicated when performing the following steps:
I. Create an asset for depreciable asset profile with the acquisition code Purchased.
2. Change the acquisition code to Donated before saving the asset. Save the asset.
3. Cancel out of the page and re-enter from the menu.
4. Change the profile to another depreciable Profile ID with the acquisition code Purchased. Save the asset. The Error appears.
5. Cancel out of the page and re-enter from the menu.
6. Change the Acquisition Code to Purchased. Save the asset.
7. Exit out of the asset and come back into the Basic Add page.
8. Change the Profile_ID, accept the warning message, and save the Asset.
9. Change the Acquisition Code back to Donated and save the Asset.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms