EAR9.2: AR_POSTING Process Does not Take the TO_ENTRY_TYPE and TO_ENTRY_REASON From TRN_ITEM When These Values Are Changed on the Transfer Worksheet.
(Doc ID 1952672.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Transfer Worksheet
AR_POSTING application engine does not take the TO_ENTRY_TYPE and TO_ENTRY_REASON from TRN_ITEM, instead it passes through ITEM.ENTRY_TYPE and ITEM.ENTRY_REASON, even when these values are changed on the Transfer Worksheet.
AR_POSTING application engine should take the TO_ENTRY_TYPE and TO_ENTRY_REASON from TRN_ITEM.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- For business unit US001 Record Group ID AR_14 (Distribution Codes) and AR_15 (Entry Types and Reasons) is linked to SetID SHARE.
- For business unit FED02 Record Group ID AR_14 (Distribution Codes) and AR_15 (Entry Types and Reasons) is linked to SetID FEDRL.
- Business unit US001 will use entry type IN and Reason OTHER (linked to SetID SHARE).
- To replicate this issue make sure Entry Type IN does NOT exist for SetID FEDRL! For SetID FEDRL use for example Entry Type INI and Reason TST.
- Create and post an item for business unit US001 and customer USA10. Entry type = IN and Reason = OTHER.
- Create a new transfer worksheet for business unit US001 and customer USA10.
- Build transfer worksheet.
- Enter Transfer To Business Unit FED02 and Customer USA10.
- Select item and click on ‘Refresh’ button. Entry Type field is defaulted to blank now.
- Enter Entry Type = INI, Reason = TST and Dist ID AR = AR-ADM.
- Set posting action to Batch Standard.
- Run ARUPDATE.
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Customer Accounts > Item Information > View/Update Item Details, tab Item Activity.
- From transfer is looking fine.
- To Transfer is having incorrect Entry Type (IN) and Reason (OTHER). Entry Type should be (INI) and Reason should be (TST).
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, the wrong Entry Type and Reason is used.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!