EAP: Unable To Unapply Regular Voucher From Cancelled Prepaid Voucher Payment
(Doc ID 1953786.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After canceling a Prepaid Voucher's payment that is applied to a Regular Voucher, the prepayment still shows as applied to the regular voucher payment schedule. When updating the Regular Voucher, the user receives the message, 'The voucher has been applied to prepayments. Update is limited until it has been unapplied. (7030,359)' However, if you go to the Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page, the prepaid voucher no longer exists since the payment was cancelled so there is no way to unapply the Regular Voucher from the Prepaid Voucher's payment.
If the Prepaid Voucher is paid again with new payment reference, the Prepaid Voucher is available under Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page and the regular voucher is available to be applied. When trying to apply the regular voucher, the user will receive the following error:
Available Amt < 0. Total Applied Amt > Available Amt (7250,200)
1) Added a voucher for a vendor - total = $1200.00 On the Payments tab, divide the payment into 2 schedules - 1) 500.00 and 2) 700.00
2) Added a prepaid voucher for the same vendor - total = $500.00. On the Payments tab, click on Express Payment.
3) Posted payment
4) Checked the Voucher Accounting Entries and the payment lines are posted
5) On the Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page, click on Apply new vouchers to payment
6) Do not select row but clicked on New Window
7) On the Cancel Payment page, selected Void and Re-Open Voucher(s)/ Reissue and Save
8) Save the page and the Cancel Post Status = Pending
9) Back on the Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page, click on Select and click on Copy Back link
10) Click Apply and it grays out and the Total applied = 500
11) Run payment post
12) The payment is cancelled. Checked the Voucher Accounting Entries and there are rows for Payment Cancellation for the prepaid voucher
13) On the Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page, the Gross Amount = 0.00. Apply button grayed
14) Pulled up the Regular Voucher and receive the message, “"The voucher has been applied to prepayments. Update is limited until it has been unapplied. (7030,359)”
15) On the payment tab for the 1nd schedule (payment $500), it still shows the prepayment applied
16) When I go back to Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page to unapply the regular voucher from the prepaid voucher, the prepaid voucher is not available no longer since the payment is cancelled
17) On Prepaid Voucher’s Payment tab, click on Express Check for the 2nd Payment Schedule for 500 to repay the prepaid voucher.
18) Ran Payment Post on the new payment
19) Checked the Voucher Accounting Entries for the prepaid voucher and there are new payment rows
20) On the Apply Vouchers to Prepayment page, the prepaid voucher is available. I click on “Apply new vouchers to payment”
21) Check the box to select the 2nd payment for the regular voucher and click on Copy/Back
22) Click on Apply
24) Receive the error:
Available Amt < 0. Total Applied Amt > Available Amt. (7250,220)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document