Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Closing
When attempting to save a Closing Rule after changing the Closing Rule effective date the following error occurs.
Non-overrideable Account XXXXXX: should not retain book code. (5040,126)
Please either choose an overrideable Account or do not retain book code value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Make sure Book Code is enabled in Overall Installation Options.
- Activate several book codes in Account Balancing Group and make one of them default.
- Add a new account 360360 using effective date 01/01/2014.
- Navigate to General Ledger > Close Ledgers > Closing Rules and add a new closing rule using effective date 01/01/2014.
- On tab 'Closing Options' enter chartfield 360000 for Default Retained Earnings and Book Code with Retain Value.
- On tab 'Net Income/Retained Earnings' enable ‘Close To Multiple Ret Earnings’, enter a Chartfield Value Set, enter chartfield 360360 (created in step 3) for Retained Earnings and Book Code with Retain Value.
- Define Journal Options and Roll Forward Options (Do Not Roll Forward Zero Bal) and save Closing Rule.
- Go back to tab ‘Closing Options’, change effective date from 01/01/2014 to 01/01/2013 and save changes.
- Wrong message is triggered: Non-overrideable Account 360360: should not retain book code. (5040,126). Please either choose an overrideable Account or do not retain book code value.
- System should give an effective date related error.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are confused because the error message is misleading.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms