EAP: Procurement Card (Pcard) Voucher Build process issue when transaction includes VAT
Last updated on MAY 24, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Procurement Card Transaction with VAT is processed by Voucher Build, and the Accounting Period is closed, the Voucher has a Pre-edit Error. Unfortunately, if the only issue with the Voucher is that the Accounting Period is closed, and there are no other errors with the Vouchers, once the Accounting Period is open, Voucher Build will not re-process the VAT Procurement Card Voucher. In order to fix this issue, on the Procurement Card side, the User is required to re-approve and re-build a new Voucher.
If a non-VAT Procurement Card Voucher had the same issue with an Accounting Date in a closed period, once the Accounting Period is opened, able to rerun Voucher Build, and the non-VAT Procurement Card Voucher is created in a Postable Status.
Accounting Date is not in Open Period.
1. Set the Payables Open Period such that the transaction processed fails due to the closed accounting period.
2. Load a Procurement Card file for Business Unit = CAN01 that includes a VAT Vendor
3. Load Statement
4. Reconcile Statement - set transaction = Approved
5. Run Load Voucher Stage
6. Run Voucher Build
7. Voucher created in a Recycled Status due to "Accounting Date is not in Open Period."
8. Open the Accounting Period
9. Rerun Voucher Build
10. VAT Pcard Voucher is not processed by Voucher Build
11. Reconcile Statement page, search for Error rows
12. Set Error status = Approved. Save the page
11. Run Load Voucher Stage (2nd time)
12. Run Voucher Build (2nd time) for New Procurement Card Data
13. Voucher is created but not with the original Voucher ID issued during the first Voucher Build
Expect that VAT Procurement Card Vouchers are processed the same was as non-VAT Procurement Card Vouchers. Once the Accounting Period is opened, rerun Voucher Build so that the VAT Procurement Card Voucher is now in a Postable Status.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms