After Applying Bundle #35 Batch Tuition Calculation Causes Waivers and Some Charges To Reverse and Re-Post Or Calculates Charges Not Applicable to the Student
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9 to 9 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Campus Solutions, after applying Bundle #35, or on Bundle #34 after applying critical patch for Bug 19306212 - TUITION CALCULATION RESPONSE TIME AFFECTED AFTER APPLYING BUNDLE #33 , customers may noticed one or more of the following issues with Batch Tuition Calculation:
- Waivers are reversing and re-posting under a new item number and payment id number. In some situations, charges by session are being reversed and re-posted. Sessional charges include a term fee set to calculate by session, a class fee, a course fee or a course list fee. The reversal/re-posting occurs when Batch Tuition calculation (SFPBCALC Cobol) is run. Waivers are setup on the tuition group on the Term Fee Tab.
- Class or course fees post to student accounts under one item number, and reverse / repost under a new item number.
- Students may be calculated into an incorrect tuition group or have term fees posted to their account they are not eligible for. In this situation the trigger criteria is based on an equation.
- Waivers using Trigger Criteria based on User Num Var fields are no longer being calculated and posted to student accounts.
Since applying Bundle #35, waivers are posting and reversing. Students are having term fees calculated they are not eligible for. Calculating the student's tuition using On Line Tuition Calculation does not cause the reported issue.
Waivers should post to a student account and stay posted until such time the student is no longer eligible to receive the waiver. Students should consistently calculate into the correct tuition group, and have the term fees for the tuition group assessed on their account.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Student Financials, Tuition and Fees, Calculate Batch Tuition, Calculate Tuition;
2. Select a run control;
3. Populate the run control for Required Students for a term;
4. Submit the process to the process scheduler.
Applying Campus Solutions Bundle #35, Patchset 19357125, Update ID 912350 or the critical fix for Bug 19306212 - TUITION CALCULATION RESPONSE TIME AFFECTED AFTER APPLYING BUNDLE #33 can cause this issue to occur.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms