E-PORTAL: Related Content Frame Displays Automatically When Using Next/Previous In List Buttons
Last updated on OCTOBER 22, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a related content service is configured to to *NOT* 'Open in expanded view', the related content frame still opens automatically when the 'Next in List' or 'Previous in List' buttons are used.
1. Ensure the 'Open in expanded view' setting is disabled per the following:
- PeopleTools > Portal > Related Content Service > Manage Related Content Service
- Edit the Related Content Service assignment in question
- Click on "Configure Layout" tab
- Under "Related Content Frame", click on "Configure Layout"
- Look for the "Open in expanded view" option
- Ensure it is unchecked
- Save settings
2. Now go to the Content Reference where Related Content is assigned
3. Access any record in the component
4. Notice the Related Content frame does *NOT* appear yet
5. Now click on either 'Previous in List' or 'Next in List'
6. The Related Content frame appears automatically <- This is the bug
7. Now click on 'Return to Search'
8. Access any User Profile, and again use 'Next in List' or 'Previous inList', then Related Content Frame does not automatically shows.
So the problem only affects the first the time component is visited, then on the immediate usage of 'Next in List' or 'Previous in List' thereafter.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms