Error when Save & Submit a Job Opening in Draft Status: "Position or Jobcode must be Entered for a Job Opening. (18176,6082)"
Last updated on APRIL 25, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Save & Submit a Job Opening in Draft status, which has been created by cloning from another Job Opening, the following error occurs.
Position or Jobcode must be entered for a Job Opening. (18176,6082)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to setup HRMS > Install > Product and Country Specific > Recruiting Installation and make sure Approvals checked for Standard Requisition and Allow multiple Jobs/positions check box is checked in Job Opening grid.
2. Navigate to Recruiting > Find Job Opening. Select a Job Opening for cloning that has Screening Questions .
3. Click on Clone hyperlink. New Job Opening will be created.
4. Open the newly created Job Opening in Draft status. Now change Establishment ID and Business Unit value in Job Opening page.
5. The following warning appears: "Warning -- Please uncheck "Use in screening" criteria under the screening section for the item to be deleted. (181706,6077)" Click on Cancel button.
6. Job Code will be missing from Job Opening header page. Now select Company, Department, Location and Recruiting Location values and Click on Save as Draft.
7. Job Opening page is saved successfully in Draft status with Job Code present in Header part of page.
8. Now click on Save & Submit. The below error message occurs saying “Position or Job Code must be entered for a Job Opening” and suddenly Job Code is missing in Header part of Job Opening, whereas Job Code is already present in the same page below.
a.) Job Code is missing in the header part of Job Opening page.
b.) Message should be corrected. It is incorrect message saying "Position or Job Code must be entered for a Job Opening" even though Job Code is present in the Job Opening page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms