ELM: Courses Getting Marked Complete On Launch Even Though Users Got 500 Server Error
(Doc ID 1956084.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Courses getting marked complete on Launch even though users got 500 server error.
Scorm2004 courses - when Learners launch course they got 500 server error. This was because weblogic was down.
later Server was fixed but what noticed that all learners who had launched the courses during the down period, their status changed to Completed even though they had not taken the assessments because of 500 server error.
it is expected to see the status not completed when getting an error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login as Admin and setup the activity
- Go To delivery method
- Go to activity
- On the activity go to Learning Component page
- Edit the web based component
- Click on Manage Content
- Upload the zip file
- Ensure “Passing Required” is checked
- Login as Learner and select the activity “Our Code”
- Enroll in the course
- Click on Launch button
- Received the error 404, as expected
- My learning status at this point still shows “In-Progress”
- Click on “Exit” button and click on Ok
- The status becomes Completed
- Followed same steps (till step13) for another course “Introduction to Banking”
- Launched course. Then close it using browser close (X) button
- Status remains “In Progress”.
Due to this issue, users cannot see the correct status when getting error after launching an specific course.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document