PC_BI_TO_PC Fails With Unique Constraint At PC_BI_TO_PC.SYNC1.Step03
Last updated on DECEMBER 31, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The PC_BI_TO_PC process fails with the unique constraint error shown below at SQL step PC_BI_TO_PC.SYNC1.Step03. This happens when two BIL project transactions with the same RESOURCE_ID_FROM value (i.e. two BIL rows from the same source cost row) are sent to Billing but one of the two is deferred on the Billing Worksheet and the other row is invoiced.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a project and activity.
- Create a contract with a rate-based line linked to that project and activity. Use a rate set that creates 2 distinct BIL rows from an incoming ACT cost row.
- Add an ACT cost transaction to the project/activity.
- Run CA_BI_INTFC for as-incurred billing.
- Create Billing Worksheet by running BIIF0001
- On the resulting billing worksheet, defer one of the two BIL rows and then approve the worksheet.
- Generate an invoice.
- Run the BIPCC000 update contracts/projects data process
- Run PC_BI_TO_PC
Due to this issue, the PC_BI_TO_PC process will not complete successfully and will not update the PROJ_RESOURCE table with the billing update.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms