Automated Step Increment process HR_CMP007 Not Giving Increases With Future Dated Rows.
(Doc ID 1957557.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
HRMS Version 9.1, Compensation
When an employee has a future dated row, the automated step increment process is not working as expected.
If an employee has a future dated row greater than today (the date CMP007 is being run), but less than the expected step date, it is not giving the employee an increase.
If an employee has a future dated row, greater than today AND greater than the expected step date, we seem to be getting inconsistent results.
STEPS TO REPLICATE ISSUE
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Add a new salary plan
2. Add a new salary grade and add
3. 10 steps – each incrementing at 12 months at $0.25 each. First 3 shown as an example (query below for the complete picture of the table).
4. Create a new jobcode and attach the TEST sal admin plan to it.
5. Transfer 3 employees into the job code and sal admin plan with a specific step date (used 5/25/13 in my sample). If this is being done on/close/after to 5/25/14, then must use a future date (maybe a month out) to ensure the additional job rows can be added.
6. Insert job row for each employee with 5/25/13 into job code 123456, sal admin TEST, grade TST, step 1. Take default comp.
7. Insert a change of data row for two of the employees. Do nothing with the 3rd.
8. Create group build.
9. Run HR_CMP007.
Expected results is that all 3 employees are on the CMP007_TMP table with the intention of them receiving a step increase. (Obtained by querying CMP007_TMP table.) You will see that KU0102 is (as he has no “future” dated rows) and KU079 is also on the table (we are getting inconsistent results with the future dated rows), but KU0103 is not on the list to get a step increase. (Remove the criteria it auto-populates with effdt)
Note : References to job code 123456, sal admin TEST, grade TST, step 1, employee id KU0102 are all from PeopleSoft Delivered demo data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document