ETL9.2: Reported Time Still Shows Awaiting Further Approvals Following Manager Approval
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It appears when using Reported Time Approvals in PS Time and Labor, following a specific sequence of steps, not all time is approved and remains with a stats of Awaiting Further Approvals. Due to an inconsistency between the Reported Time / XRF tables and the EOAW tables, it becomes impossible to approve the time online and requires a script to update the status to approved.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Approval is Setup at Workgroup level for Reported Time using TLBySupervisorID
2. Employee enters time for the week and submits. Reported Time is in Needs Approval Status as expected.
3. Manager logs in navigates to MSS>Time Management>Approve Time and Exceptions>Reported Time.
4. Manager changes the View By to All Time After and sets the Date to 12/1/2014. Employee’s time show in the list for approval as expected.
5. Manager clicks on Employee last name to view Timesheet details. Manager reviews the Timesheet, but does NOT approve from here.
6. Instead Manager clicks on Return to Select Employee link at bottom of page.
7. Manager checks the Select box beside employee name and clicks Approve.
8. Manager clicks Yes to confirm the message.
9. After clicking Yes to confirm approval, no approval confirmation is received. Instead Manager is returned to the Approval page with the employee still visible.
10. After clicking employee last name to review the Timesheet again, it shows only the first transaction is approved while the other transactions show Approval in Process.
11. Click on Approval Monitor it shows only the first transaction as Approved while the remaining transactions show Awaiting Further Approvals.
Due to this issue users are unable to approve time which causes delays in processing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms