User Cannot View Documents Created Before Adding View Access Role To Document Type
(Doc ID 1959903.1)
Last updated on JUNE 18, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Supplier Contract Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Supplier Contracts module provides the functionality to assign a view-only role to document types. The understanding of this functionality is that once the role has been assigned within the “Roles with View Access to Documents of this Type” panel of the document type, anyone with this role can see any contracts created from the document type.
In practice, this is not quite what occurs. If a role is assigned within the “Roles with View Access to Documents of this Type” panel of the document type AFTER contracts have already been created from the document type, users with the view-only role CANNOT see the EXISTING contracts.
Instead, users with the view-only role will only see NEW contracts created for the document type subsequent to the role being assigned within the “Roles with View Access to Documents of this Type” panel of the document type.
1) Login to the EMPLOYEE portal and go to Document Management page to see existing contracts for a document type. Many documents exist.
2) Create new role from Supplier Contract Interested role.
3) Create new user and assign new role.
4) Assign new role to document type.
5) Login as the new user and search for existing docs for the specified document type. No docs are returned.
6) Create a new contract and contract document.
7) Login again as the new user and search for existing docs for the specified document type. See the new doc is returned, but previously created docs are still not shown.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!