EGL: Global Payroll Message Inserting New Rows in GP_ACC_LINE In HCM When Data Send Back From PeopleSoft Financial System Instead Of Updating Existing Rows
(Doc ID 1960702.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** checked for relevance on 06-FEB-2019 ***
Global Payroll System :
apps release and bundle level: 9.1 with Global Pay bundles 2014 C
tools version and patch level: 8.52.07
database type and version: Oracle 11g
apps release and bundle level: 9.2 Image 5
tools version and patch level: 8.53.11
database type and version: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release
We are currently implementing Global Payroll for India. We are in the Integration test phase. We are currently live with other PeopleSoft modules - HR, North American Payroll, Self-Service, Absence Management, etc.
Instead of updating the existing rows, it inserts NEW rows only populating the data that is usually updated via journal generator
1. Data interfaced from HCM using application engine program GP_GL_PREP which uses the Integration Broker message GP_POST_GL to publish the data in the GP_ACC_LINE table to an FSCM database
2. The data is sent correctly from HCM
3. The data is received correctly into FSCM
4. In FSCM, the data gets journal generated correctly creating journals in FSCM General Ledger
5. But after journal generator completes, the journal data from FSCM GL does not get updated back to Global Payroll correctly
After successful journal generation of interfaced data from Global Payroll, we expect data to be updated with journal id, journal date, journal line, etc to the existing lines in GP_ACC_LIN in HCM to complete the interface cross reference.
When data is routed back to Global Payroll database for journal id, journal date, journal line, etc, the data is created as newly inserted lines in GP_ACC_LIN rather than update to existing lines.
Existing lines are not properly updated for checking reconciliation between Global Payroll(HCM) and General Ledger(FSCM)
We are currently in Integration Test for our GLobal Payroll implementation. We must pass the GL test during this phase or it will impact our go-live. Integration/Regression test ends 01/09/2015.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document