Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Not able to change the Quantity Precision of the Item Standard UOM from 'Whole Nbr' to 'Decimal' when using the Catalog Maintenance functionality and the 'Item Loader' process (IN_ITMLOAD) (see navigation below).
According to the PeopleBooks, such a change should be allowed:
You can always change a whole number precision to a decimal precision, but you cannot always change a decimal precision to a whole number precision. After you complete certain transactions involving the item—any putaway operation, any order placed against the item, or any adjustment—you cannot make this change.
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Search for an Item with a UOM Quantity Precision of 'Whole Number'.
- Go to: SCM Integrations, Setup, Catalog Maintenance Template.
- Create a Template and use Record INV_ITM_UOM_EC and Field QTY_PRECISION.
- Go to: SCM Integrations, Process Transactions, Items, Catalog Maintenance Extract.
- As selection criteria, use Record INV_ITM_UOM make sure your Item is going to be selected.
- Go to: SCM Integrations, Process Transactions, Items, Catalog Maintenance Update.
- Update the value of Record INV_ITM_UOM_EC and Field QTY_PRECISION to 'D' (Decimal).
- Go to: SCM Integrations, Process Transactions, Items, Item Loader.
- Run the 'Item Loader' process (IN_ITMLOAD) for the Item Load Type of 'Item Export', your Template, and all EIP_CTL_IDs.
- Verify the Item UOM Quantity Precision > it's still set to 'Whole Number'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms