The Translated Project Name Does Not Show On The Search Result Of Project Activity General Information
(Doc ID 1962581.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 20, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When logging into PeopleSoft with Japanese (base language is English) and creating a Project,
project name should be populated into both PS_PROJECT and PS_PROJECT_LANG.
After modifying project name, modified project name will be reflected to only PS_PROJECT_LANG.
When search results of Activity General Information is shown, project name picks from PS_PROJECT instead of PS_PROJECT_LANG.
As the result of this, different project name are shown between the search result and Activity General Information page.
That may be confused to end-uses because different project name is shown.
1. Logging into PeopleSoft with Japanese
2. Navigate to Project Costing > Project Definitions > General Information.
Create a new project. ; The same project name is populated to both PS_PROJECT and PS_PROJECT_LANG
3. Updating a project name. (At this time, the different project name is updated to only PS_PROJECT_LANG)
4. Navigate to Project Costing > Activity Definitions > Project Activities.
Create a new project activity.
5. Navigate to Project Costing > Activity Definitions > Project Activities.
On the search page, project name is shown from PS_PROJECT.
6. Open the General Information page, and project name is shown from
PS_PROJECT_LANG.That is the different from the search page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document