EAP: Voucher Posting is creating unbalanced Voucher Accounting Entries
(Doc ID 1964252.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Business Unit is set up for VAT and the Vendor has two Withholding Entities assigned. One Withholding Entity deducts a portion of the VAT Tax, while the other deducts from the Gross Amount.
Per Voucher line, the Withholding Basis Amounts are manually entered so that one Basis Amount is the Gross Amount, and the other Basis Amount is the VAT Tax.
Installation Options is set to use Detail Offset Method. Voucher Posting will generate unbalanced accounting lines for one of the Voucher lines.
The resulting accounting lines will be out of balance for one of the Voucher accounting lines.
1. Set Up two Withholding Entities with Withholding Rates of 1 per cent and 30 per cent
2. Payables Installation Options 'Detail Offset Method'
3. Assign VAT Code having a VAT Authority with rate 11.998 to Vendor. Also specify a VAT Use Type which allows full recovery
4. Create Voucher with Gross Amount of 157.46, Entered VAT 16.87
5. Create 12 Voucher lines
a. One Voucher line has line amount of 90
b. All remaining Voucher lines have line amount of 4.6
6. Edit the Withholding Information so that:
a. The Withholding Basis for line 1 is 90, and Withholding Entity with rate .1
b. The second Withholding Basis for the VAT amount is 10.8, and Entity with rate .30
c. Remaining Voucher lines have Withholding Basis of 4.6 (rate .1), and Withholding Basis .55
7. Run Voucher Posting
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document